Monday 1 January 2018

REVIEW OF 2017 RECIPES

REVIEW OF 2017 RECIPES

HAPPY NEW YEAR


First of all, I would like to wish all my readers, a very happy and healthy New Year 2018. If I go back over the year 2017, it was a good year, in which I posted 26 posts, out of which 24 were recipes and two were MLLA hosting and round-up posts. Things were not very conducive in the beginning of the year because my health was not that good and I was in India, where I was recovering and trying to settle down in the new climate. But still, in the first two months of the year, I managed to post 5 recipes. Working on my posts was always helping me recover my health, as I was inspired to write. I traveled back to Canada in March and was a bit busy again settling back, so could post only 6 recipes from March to June. But two important and favorite posts were there during that time, the first was the edible fruit arrangement when I was very excited being my 100th post and the second one was strawberry parfait, which was the third blog anniversary post.



But the second half of 2017 was even better than the first half, I was back in a good mood and spirit to post a lot of new recipes on the blog, some of them were my favourite which I wanted to post earlier in the year but couldn’t because of so many reasons, like mango mousse, rice pudding, cherry tart and orange peel pickle. June onwards the weather this in Calgary was also very nice when we get all fresh summer fruits like cherries, mangoes etc. Then from July up to including December, I managed to post 15 posts. In the month of October, I enjoyed hosting the MLLA which is a monthly blog party that is going on for the last 9 years, in which many food bloggers took part. I would like to give special thanks to my son-in-law for his awesome photographs for my blog throughout 2017. Last but not the least, thanks to all my readers who take the time to read my blog, and return again and again since the last three years, I am looking forward to your support in 2018, which is going to be an exciting year for my blog, when I am planning to share lots of new and exciting recipes.

I am sharing this recipe as my blog post entry for Cook blog share and with Cook once eat Twice
Sweet Inspiration link party and Fiesta Friday and Full plate Thursday and Hearth and Soul link party











18 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Sadhna! You've posted some lovely recipes this year and quite a few that I would still love to try if I can find the time. I do know your cinnamon rolls were delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New year to you too Corina, thanks very much for your comment, yes I know you tried my cinnamon rolls and they were awesome.

      Delete
  2. thanks for sharing this tasty dishes for me it really yummy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Sadhna! What a fabulous year of food you've had, hope this year is just as good:) thank you for bringing your delicious collection to #CookBlogShare!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same to you Monika and thanks for much for your lovely wishes.

      Delete
  4. Looks like you had a fantastic year filled with wonderful food! Happy to see you here at Full Plate Thursday and thanks so much for sharing with us.
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to see posts like this that bring my attention to the best posts! Thanks for sharing this at Fiesta Friday!

    Mollie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy new year my friend. May 2018 bring you lots of joy and laughter. I can't wait to see all the interesting things you'll be making in the new year. I'm sure they will all be delicious and something extraordinary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle, Same to you dear and thanks a lot for your lovely wishes for 2018, that means a lot to me.

      Delete
  7. Wow what a delicious looking roundup!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sadhna congratulations for a fulfilling 2017. I know you had your troubles with your health at the start of the year but you managed to recuperate and bounce back to give us lots of great recipes. We are looking forward to lots more flavorful foods for 2018!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, so nice of you dear, thanks very much for such a lovely comment.

      Delete
  9. it sounds like you have had a very busy year indeed, Sadhna! I always enjoy your recipes, and I'm so grateful for your support of the Hearth and Soul Link party. Wishing you a wonderful 2018!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much for your nice comment and lovely wishes.

      Delete