Sunday 18 May 2014

About Myself

My name is Sadhna Grover, I am 61 years old, and now a retired teacher. I have a Masters Degree in Economics and a degree in Teaching. I was born in India and at heart I am a true Indian, but I spent 30 years of my life in Africa (Kenya, Botswana and South Africa). Now for the past two years, I am living with my daughter in Calgary, Canada.

I am married, and a mother of two children, who are both settled and married . My son lives in South Africa with his wife. My daughter lives in Canada with her family. I am a proud grandmother of two awesome boys.

Cooking has always been my passion and I really enjoy my time in the kitchen. I am always interested in trying new recipes and making inventions in my kitchen. I am totally vegetarian and all items made in my kitchen are cooked without egg or any type of meat. In my cooking, I don't use any artificial colour or preservatives and try to use organic ingredients as much as I can. I try my best to use quality food products and nutritionally balanced ingredients which are good for overall mental and physical health.

I am starting my blog now after the age of 60 because I believe it is never too late to learn or start anything in life. My mother taught me in my childhood that no matter who I am or whatever is my age, I must learn all skills in life. Here I would like to mention that my daughter and son-in-law really inspired, supported and encouraged me to start this blog.

In olden days there was no internet, no Google, no food blogs etc. and all our knowledge came from our elders only. In the beginning, I drew inspiration to cook from my mother and later after marriage from my mother-in-law. Both ladies excelled in making great food. My husband who has a very specific palate also encouraged me on, and later my children who also really enjoyed my cooking by giving me so many compliments; and later in life, their spouses who equally appreciated my food. The best part of my culinary journey in life is right now when I cook for the new generation, my two grandsons, and the joy on their faces I get to see, when they relish my food.

All this led me to learn and improve my cooking further. A big thanks to my son-in-law for his photography (Madhu Madhavan Photography) and my daughter for web designing for my page. As I share my year's old recipes here, I am willing to learn many new recipes and I am looking forward to all the support and help from my readers and my fellow blog members. I would like to take this opportunity to thank GOD for giving me the inspiration and strength to start the blog now. 

12 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderful that you've started a blog!! Looking forward to being a regular reader :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi aunty.. Nice to meet you in the journey of blogging. You have done really an wonderful job... Hats off to you and for those who initiated you. Visit my space if time permits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Malathi for your nice comment, I will definitely visit your blog.

      Delete
  4. Hello there Sadhna

    You have a great blog with some great recipes and awesome photography. I am reaching out to you from www.itspotluck.com a social platform for Indian/Desi food lovers. It is a community of hundreds of food bloggers with thousands of recipes and counting. You might find some fellow bloggers from India and abroad as well on our platform.

    The current services are just a beginning and we will be adding additional functionalities that will truly make this a global platform for Indian food.

    We hope you like what we are presenting and would join our growing community of Indian food lovers. Don’t wait - join today. Our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/its.Potluck is frequently updated with food related news and exciting recipes so stay connected via facebook as well.

    If you face any challenges in registering please contact us at comments@itspotluck.com

    Thank you and looking forward to having you as part of itsPotluck community.

    Please ignore this email if you are already a member.

    itsPotluck.com
    www.itspotluck.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much for visiting my blog and for your comment. I will check your website soon.

      Delete
    2. Hello Sadhna

      Hope you got a chance to check our website www.itspotluck.com. Let us know if you have any feedback.

      Looking forward to you joining our growing network of foodies.

      Regards
      itsPotluck

      Delete
  5. You have a lovely blog madam.. Hats off to your passion!!
    Regards,
    Sharmila

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations for your blog. I would like to introduce myself. This is Antonio Catalán. I have a shop of spices and herbs for cooking in Spain. I am the third generation of the family business. If you want to know a bit more about myself, I invite you to have a look to my web www.buyspices.net

    ReplyDelete